Whether you are repainting for your existing house, just giving it a face-
lift or your building a new home and starting from scratch these tips will help!
- Consider your neighborhood. Paint to coordinate with your neighborhood. You don’t want to clone nor stick out lick a sore thumb! You want to complement your neighbors.
- Think of Interior/ Exterior flow. Unfortunately, many people don’t even consider what is going on inside when selecting exterior paint colors. To avoid your family and friends from feeling a sense of shock as they enter your home. Create a cohesive feel inside and out by having a color that carries from outside to the inside of your home.
- Select 2-3 colors. These can be varying hues of the same color or complimentary colors such as a sage green house with a red door. To create interest and curb appeal.
- Do NOT accentuate unpleasant features of your home. ie. gutters, downspouts, garage doors. Since the focal point on the house should be the front door. That a place to select a bold accent color to draw attention.
- Paint samples on your house before finalizing. It is crazy how much colors, lighten up and/or intensify. Purchasing a couple pint samples is worth every penny! Painting the exterior of your home is a significant investment and can be one of the largest “Bangs for your Buck” possible if you select the right colors.
Want your paint colors to reflect your personality? I do on site color consultations if you would like more assistance. Contact me today to schedule your consultation.